Vikings – One of the Best TV serial Series
There are several reasons why someone might enjoy watching the TV series “Vikings.” Here are a few:
- Historical accuracy: The show is based on the real-life stories of the Vikings, a group of Norse warriors who raided and traded throughout Europe during the Middle Ages. The show does take some liberties with the historical record, but it generally does a good job of portraying the culture and way of life of the Vikings.
- Engaging storylines: “Vikings” follows the story of Ragnar Lothbrok, a legendary Norse hero, and his family as they navigate the challenges of life in the 9th and 10th centuries. The show features a mix of action, drama, and political intrigue, and the characters are complex and well-developed.
- Beautiful production: “Vikings” is known for its stunning visuals, with breathtaking landscapes and detailed sets and costumes. The show also has an excellent soundtrack and score.
- Strong performances: The cast of “Vikings” is made up of talented actors who deliver strong performances, bringing the characters to life.
Overall, “Vikings” is an entertaining and immersive TV series that offers a unique look at a fascinating period of history. If you enjoy historical fiction, action, or drama, you may enjoy watching “Vikings.”
Cast of Viking show
The main cast of the TV series “Vikings” includes:
- Travis Fimmel as Ragnar Lothbrok: A legendary Norse hero and warrior who becomes a legendary king of Denmark and later Sweden.
- Katheryn Winnick as Lagertha: Ragnar’s wife and a shieldmaiden, who is a strong and capable fighter.
- Clive Standen as Rollo: Ragnar’s brother and a warrior who initially fights alongside him, but later becomes his enemy.
- Jessalyn Gilsig as Siggy: The wife of Earl Haraldson, who later becomes a close ally of Ragnar and Lagertha.
- Gustaf Skarsgård as Floki: A shipbuilder and close friend of Ragnar, who is known for his unusual and unpredictable behavior.
- George Blagden as Athelstan: A former monk who becomes a close advisor to Ragnar and is drawn into the Viking way of life.
- Alexander Ludwig as Bjorn Ironside: Ragnar and Lagertha’s son, who becomes a skilled warrior and eventually succeeds his father as king.
Other notable cast members include Alyssa Sutherland as Aslaug, Moe Dunford as Aethelwulf, Donal Logue as King Horik, and Linus Roache as King Ecbert.
How many awards Viking show received
Yes, the TV series “Vikings” has received several awards and nominations over the course of its run. Some of the awards and accolades the show has received include:
- Primetime Emmy Awards: “Vikings” has been nominated for several Primetime Emmy Awards, including Outstanding Sound Editing for a Series (2014), Outstanding Sound Mixing for a Comedy or Drama Series (One Hour) (2015), and Outstanding Special Visual Effects (2016).
- Irish Film and Television Awards: The show has won several Irish Film and Television Awards, including Best International Actress (Katheryn Winnick, 2014), Best International Actor (Travis Fimmel, 2014), and Best Sound (2015).
- Visual Effects Society Awards: “Vikings” has received several nominations for Visual Effects Society Awards, including Outstanding Supporting Visual Effects in a Photoreal Episode (2014), Outstanding Visual Effects in a Photoreal Episode (2015), and Outstanding Supporting Visual Effects in a Photoreal Episode (2016).
- Screen Actors Guild Awards: The show has received two Screen Actors Guild Awards nominations, both for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series (2014 and 2015).
Overall, “Vikings” has been recognized for its high-quality production, strong performances, and engaging storylines, and has received a number of awards and nominations in recognition of its success.